|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
There are three aspects to this test: performing research on the wikis, performing research on the internet, and adding information to an established page. Upon completion of each element, add them to the section of this page called "Results." This test is timed; plan to spend approximately one hour on it in total. Note your start and finish times in the section below.
Before beginning the test you must register with Ballotpedia. Please create a user account for yourself following this naming pattern: First name, month, day. For example: Sara0317, or use the name provided to you.
Note your start and finish times here.
Start time: 11:00am
End time: 1:40pm
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format. Please use pages on the wiki to find your answers.
- How many statewide measures were on the 2008 South Dakota ballot?
- How many states have a Lieutenant Governor? Which states do not?
- Who are the members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee?
- How many measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998? Which (if any) were approved?
- Who is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives?
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format.
- Who is on the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI? When were they elected?
- What was the decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California?
- Who sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session? What did the bill do? What is it's current status?
For the final portion of the test you must add a vote results box to either a state ballot measures or state legislative page. Vote results boxes require important wiki skills including research, proper citations, and working with templates. Guidelines for adding one to a page can be found here - state legislative guidelines. Select one of the legislators below, and add an "election results" section and vote results box, then link to the section you added in the "Results" section indicated below. After completing the section
cross the link you used out on this list.
In this section, add a link to the sub-section of the complex page you edited. Also write your answers to the research questions here in a bullet-pointed list.
- There were eight South Dakota ballot measures in 2008. Only one of these was a statewide measure, the South Dakota Oil Refinery Initiative (2008). Forty-four states have a Lieutenant Governor. The only states which do not are Maine, Arizona, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Oregon, and West Virginia.
- The members of the Michigan State redistricting committee for 2013 are three Democrats Steven Bieda, Vice-chair, Bert Johnson, and Virgil Smith and six Republicans Joe Hune, Chair, Rick Jones, Vice-chair, Dave Hildenbrand, Jim Marleau, John Moolenaar, and John Proos.
- In 1998 there were four ballot measures relating to medical marijuana. In Arizona, Proposition 300 states that no medical marijuana is allowed in the state unless the Food and Drug Administration says that it is okay. This measure was not approved. In Nevada, Question 9 was approved, allowing for the medical use of marijuana. In Oregon, Measure 57 stated that possession of a limited amount of marijuana is a Class C misdemeanor. This measure was not approved. In Washington Initiative 692 also approved medical marijuana.
- The current representative in District 35 of the Texas House of Representatives is Jose Aliseda.
- The city council members in Sun Prarie, WI are Mayor John Murray, who was elected April 2011, Al Hoffmann, elected April 2010 and re-elected April 2012, Hariah Hutkowski, elected April 2006 and re-elected 2008, 2010, and 2012, Jonathan Freund elected April 2006 and re-elected 2008, 2010, and 2012, Mary Polenske elected April 2010 and re-elected 2012, Mike Kostelnik elected April 2011, Russ Fassbender elected April 2007 and re-elected 2009 and 2011, Steve Villand elected April 2007 and re-elected 2009 and 2011, and Zachary Weber elected May 2004, ran for office in 2005, and re-elected in 2007, 2009, and 2011.
- In the 'California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court' case, The University was ordered to disclose to the McClatchy Company all documents relating to the anonymous donors but McClatchy was denied writ of mandate concerning the California State University, Fresno Association, Inc and costs were awarded to the Association against McClatchy.
- HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session was sponsored by Johnny Anderson. The bill established a computer-based kindergarten literacy program. It required the State Board of Education to contract with an educational technology provider for a computer-based kindergarten literacy program. This bill passed on March 2, 2011 and is currently upheld.
- Arizona Medical Use of Schedule 1 Drugs, Proposition 300 (1998)
- Nevada Medical Marijuana Act, Question 9 (1998)
- Oregon Ballot Measure 57, Possession of Marijuana a Class C Misdemeanor (1998)
- Washington Medical Marijuana, Initiative 692 (1998)
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2012
- City Council of Sun Prairie, WI http://www.cityofsunprairie.com/city-council/all