For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Maryland State Senate District 45|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||20|
|President Pro Tempore, Maryland State Senate|
|Majority Leader, Maryland State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Morgan State University, 1968|
|Master's||Morgan State University, 1972|
|Date of birth||August 3, 1946|
|Place of birth||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Facilitator, Lake Clifton/Eastern Senior High School|
McFadden served on the Baltimore City Council from 1982 to 1987.
McFadden earned his B.A. in Geography & History Education from Morgan State University in 1968 and his M.S. in History & Social Sciences in 1972. His professional experience includes working as a Teacher for Dunbar High School, Head of the Social Sciences Department at Lombard Junior High School, Principal of the Dunbar Adult Evening School, Coordinator of Community Affairs at Sojourner-Douglass College, Coordinator of Educational Opportunity Program at Lake Clifton and Eastern Senior High School in Baltimore, Work-Based Learning Manager for Baltimore City Public Schools, Teacher for the Baltimore City Public Schools, and Facilitator for the Lake Clifton/Eastern Senior High School from 1998 to the present.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McFadden served on these committees:
- Budget and Taxation, Vice Chair
- Executive Nominations
- Legislative Ethics
- Special Committee on Pensions
- Spending Affordability
- Subcommittee on Capital Budget
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
- Subcommittee on Pensions
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McFadden served on these committees:
- Audit Joint Committee, Maryland General Assembly
- Budget & Taxation Committee, Maryland State Senate
- Executive Nominations Committee, Maryland State Senate
- Legislative Ethics Joint Committee, Maryland General Assembly
- Rules Committee, Maryland State Senate
- Spending Affordability Joint Committee, Maryland General Assembly
- Special Joint Committee on Pensions (Senate Chair)
- Legislative Policy Committee
- Joint Legislative Work Group to Study State, County and Municipal Fiscal Relationships
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Nathaniel McFadden defeated Julius Henson in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election. Daton Lynch ran as an independent candidate but did not appear on the general election ballot after not meeting filing requirements.
|Maryland State Senate, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Nathaniel McFadden Incumbent||80.7%||9,179|
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
McFadden ran for re-election to the 45th District seat in 2010. He defeated Aaron Keith Wilkes in the primary on September 14, 2010. McFadden was unopposed in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Maryland State Senate, District 45 (2010) General Election|
|Nathaniel McFadden (D)||23,159||100%|
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2006
|Maryland Senate, District 45|
|Nathaniel McFadden (D)||19,838||86.4%|
|Leonard Wolff (R)||3,112||13.5%|
In 2010, a year in which McFadden was up for re-election, he raised $83,054 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters||$5,000|
|Baltimore City Fire Fighters Local 734||$2,038|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$2,000|
In 2006 Nathaniel McFadden collected $92,768 in donations.
His six largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Marylanders for Mike Miller||$3,000|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$2,250|
|Mystic Construction Inc.||$2,000|
|Ben Cardin for Senate||$2,000|
|CMAT International Inc.||$2,000|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
McFadden and his wife, Rachel, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Nathaniel + McFadden + Maryland + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland State Senate
- Maryland Senate Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland State Senate District 45
- Official Maryland State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Political summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for State Senate," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Official Results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for State Senator," accessed February 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- 2006 contributors to Nathaniel McFadden
|Maryland Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|