For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
National Black Police Association
|National Black Police Association (NBPA)|
Some major purposes for the NBPA are improving relationships between Police Departments and minority communities; Evaluate policies and programs effects in the Criminal Justice System on minorities; Recruit minorities on a national scale; Eliminate police corruption, police brutality and racial discrimination; And teach police to operate with professionalism and compassion.
The NBPA was created in 1972 as a not-for-profit corporation in the state of Illinois.
The NBPA is governed by a board of directors. The 2010-2013 national board is composed of seven members, with Malik Aziz as the designated chairman. Additionally there are 15 national delegates.
There is no data on the NBPA ever making campaign contributions to candidates.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term " National + Black + Police + Association "
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Black Police Association, "Welcome," accessed March 12, 2011
- National Black Police Assocation, "Home," accessed November 25, 2013
- National Black Police Association, "What is the purpose of the National Black Police Association?," accessed March 12, 2011
- National Black Police Association, "Our History," accessed November 25, 2013
- National Black Police Association, "Executive Board," accessed November 25, 2013
- OpenSecrets.org, accessed November 25, 2013
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, " National Black Police Association Endorses Marijuana Legalization (Press Release)," August 19, 2010