National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
|National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws|
|Chairman:||Norman Elliott Kent|
"NORML's mission is to "move public opinion sufficiently to legalize the responsible use of marijuana by adults, and to serve as an advocate for consumers to assure they have access to high quality marijuana that is safe, convenient and affordable."
NORML was founded in 1970 and led successful efforts to decriminalize minor marijuana offenses in 11 states in its first decade of operation. Additionally, it was able to get marijuana penalties lowered significantly in all other states.
NORML is governed by a board of directors consisting of 20 members. They set policies, elect officers and hire the Executive Director. NORML's Advisory Board acts to help support organizational goals.
Norman Elliott Kent serves as the chair of the board and Stephen Dillon is the vice-chair.
As of November 2013, NORML has not spent any money on the 2014 election cycle.
NORML received a total of $7,980 from donors and spent $12,530 in the 2012 election cycle.
NORML contributed $4,750 to candidates in 2012. All of the money went to Democrats.
|Top 6 largest NORML expenditures in 2012|
|Barney Frank||MA||U.S. House||$1,000|
|Roger Goodman||WA||State House||$1,000|
|Jerrold Nadler||NY||U.S. House||$1,000|
|Mark Pocan||WI||U.S. House||$1,000|
|Hakeem Jeffries||NY||U.S. House||$500|
|Glenn Ivey||MD||U.S. House||$250|
The top 5 donors to NORML during the 2012 election cycle were:
|Top 5 Donors to NORML, 2012|
|Paul H. Kuhn, Jr.||$1,000|
|Dale H. Gieringer||$1,000|
|Amy K. Stout||$200|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term " National + Organization + Reform + Marijuana + Laws"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- NORML, "Introduction," accessed November 27, 2013
- NORML, "About NORML," accessed November 27, 2013
- NORML, "Board of Directors," accessed November 27, 2013
- OpenSecrets, "National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws, 2014," accessed November 27, 2013
- OpenSecrets, "National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws 2012 summary," accessed November 27, 2013
- OpenSecrets, "National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws 2012 Recipients," accessed November 27, 2013
- OpenSecrets, "NORML Donors, 2012," accessed November 27, 2013