Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 13|
Siddiqui's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
The schools in Howard County are among best in the Maryland. But as good as they are and as committed as all of us are to excellence in education, we cannot and must not waver in trying to make them even better.
As Delegate, my main priorities will be:
• Keep all Howard County schools including junior colleges and technical schools more than competitive.
The students of today are the leaders of tomorrow. We should not forget that our generation will depend on them in the very near future. At the same time, our teachers are the backbone of the education system. Their value must be duly compensated and enhanced. That is why the upgrading of our education system must continue to be everyone’s priority.
As Delegate I will promote:
• Innovative public investment dedicated to create jobs and strengthen our local economy.
That is why I believe we all must:
• Do our part in protecting, embellishing and sustaining the environment because our economy, quality of life and future depend on it.
That is why I support:
• More resources and increased funding for our public safety personnel.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Vanessa Atterbeary and incumbents Shane Pendergrass and Frank S. Turner defeated Fred Eiland and Nayab Siddiqui in the Democratic primary, while Danny Eaton, Jimmy Williams and Chris Yates were unopposed in the Republican primary. Atterbeary, Pendergrass and Turner defeated Eaton, Williams and Yates in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nayab + Siddiqui + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List - House of Delegates," accessed May 9, 2014
- Friends of Nayab Siddiqui, "The Issues," accessed June 18, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |