Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 149|
|Bachelor's||Southeast Missouri State University, 2001|
University of Missouri-Columbia, 2001
|Master's||University of Phoenix|
Boyd, an opera singer and Decca recording artist, was the winner of the 2008 season of the NBC television program America's Got Talent. Boyd is Vice President of Voluntary Benefit Services, an insurance company.
Boyd's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "FIGHT for businesses by cutting job-killing regulations"
- Excerpt: "FIGHT to protect taxpayers by making government more transparent"
- Excerpt: "FIGHT for our children's future by empowering them with a quality education"
- Excerpt: "FIGHT for Southeast Missouri farmers - the backbone of our rural economy"
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Bill Burlison defeated Diedra Freeman in the Democratic primary. Don Rone defeated Neal Boyd in the Republican primary.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 149 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 149 Republican Primary, 2014|
Boyd ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 149. Boyd ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by District 161 incumbent Steve Hodges (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 149, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Steve Hodges Incumbent||66.4%||8,707|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Neal + Boyd + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives
- Missouri House of Representatives District 149
- Missouri House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Missouri State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Neal Boyd on Twitter
- Neal Boyd on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Elections: Offices Filed in Candidate Filing," accessed April 11, 2014
- Southeast Missourian, "Singer Neal E. Boyd to run for Missouri House seat," September 13, 2011
- Voluntary Benefit Services, "Meet Our Team," accessed July 24, 2014
- "nealeboydformissouri," Official Campaign Website
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |