|Alaska House of Representatives, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||October 1, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|School Board Member, Matanuska-Susitna Borough School Board, Seat F|
Lacy previously served on the Matanuska-Susitna Borough School Board, representing District F. He was defeated for re-election by Donna Dearman on October 1, 2013. Lacy was first elected to the board in 2010.
Neal Lacy is the owner of Alaska Mobile Marine Service in Wasilla, AK. He has one child currently attending district schools.
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 19, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Neal T. Lacy is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while District 7 incumbent Wes Keller is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Matanuska-Susitna Borough School Board Seat F, General Election, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Stephen C. Jacobson||23.5%||1,921|
|Nonpartisan||Neal T. Lacy||28.1%||2,300|
|Nonpartisan||James A. "Jim" Tapley||17.1%||1,398|
|Source: [http://www.matsugov.us/electionresults/2013/BoroughWide.pdf Matanuska-Susitna Borough, "Election Summary Report October 3, 2012 Regular Election"]|
As of September 25, 2013, Lacy did not disclose any campaign finance expenditures or contributions to the Alaska Secretary of State.
Lacy did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
Lacy was first elected to the Seat F position on October 5, 2010. He was opposed by Colleen Vague.
|Matanuska-Susitna Borough School Board, Seat F, 2010|
|Nonpartisan||Neal Lacy Incumbent||55.4%||5,575|
About the district
Matanuska-Susitna Borough underperforms the rest of Alaska based on percentage of people below poverty level, but outperforms the rest of Alaska in high school graduation rates and median household income. The median household income for Matanuska-Susitna Borough is $70,343 when compared to $69,014 for the state of Alaska. The percentage of people below poverty level for Matanuska-Susitna Borough is 9.7% while it is 9.5% for the state of Alaska. 92.3% of persons over the age of 25 have a high school degree, while 91.4% of Alaska residents have a high school degree. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 20.9% of Matanuska-Susitna Borough residents aged 25 or older have a bachelor's degree, while the same rate is 27.2% for the state of Alaska.
|2010 Census Data for Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska|
|Race||Kenai Peninsula Borough||State of Alaska|
|Black or African American||1.2%||3.7%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||5.8%||14.8%|
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander||0.3||1.2%|
|Two or more race||6.4%||7.1%|
|Hispanic or Latino||4.1%||6.1%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Neal + Lacy + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District, Alaska
- List of school board elections in 2013
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Alaska
- School bond and tax elections in Alaska
- KTNA, "Interview With School Board Seat F Candidate Neal Lacy," September 11, 2013
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough, "Candidate & Election Information," accessed September 25, 2013
- APOC Online Records, "2013 Statewide Municipal Candidates" accessed August 2, 2013
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough, "Election results," Acccessed August 6, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Quickfacts: Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska" accessed August 5, 2013
- United States Census Bureau "2010 Census Date" accessed August 1, 2013