|U.S. House, Texas, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Texas Tech University|
|Master's||University of Alaska, Anchorage|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
Marchbanks graduated from Texas Tech University. Additionally, he earned a master's degree in Science Management from the University of Alaska, Anchorage. Marchbanks worked for the National Weather Service for over 30 years. He also worked for the Census Bureau.
Marchbanks' campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I stand for building and strengthening rural and agricultural communities. This begins by building rural economies that last. I support expanding infrastructure in rural communities. I believe if we invest in job creation, education, and build infrastructure in agricultural communities we can boost economic growth for small rural businesses."
- Excerpt: "I am committed to ensuring every child in District 19 has access to a world class public education. I will work in Congress to ensure laws are passed to make that a reality."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I am committed to defeating any attempt to return us to the failed economic policies of the recent past in which the struggling middle class is forced to shoulder the burden of an ever expanding deficit."
- Excerpt: "Immigration is a vast and complex topic. First, I firmly believe that we need to create a path to citizenship for persons who have are already living within our borders. Second, I am strongly opposed to legislation that allows federal and local officers to racially profile people in order to “check” their immigration status. Third, it is imperative that we impose and enforce fines against United States employers who hire undocumented citizens."
- Excerpt: "We have to do more to support our veterans. As a Viet Nam War veteran, I know first hand many of the struggles facing these men and women when they return."
Marchbanks is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 19th District. Marchbanks won the Democratic nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014, with no opposition. He will face incumbent Randy Neugebauer (R) and Richard Peterson (L) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Neal Marchbanks (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 18, 2013||$100||$6,300||$(1,066)||$5,333|
|Year-End||January 25, 2014||$5,333||$2,980||$(4,907)||$3,406|
|Pre-Primary||February 20, 2014||$3,406||$5,025||$(4,321)||$4,109|
|April Quarterly||April 9, 2014||$4,109||$25,681||$(10,701)||$19,090|
|July Quarterly||July 1, 2014||$19,090||$7,943||$(17,309)||$9,723|
Marchbanks and his wife, Christy, have one daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Neal + Marchbanks + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 19th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 19th Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "About Neal," accessed January 23, 2014
- Campaign website, "Platform," accessed January 23, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Neal Marchbanks October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Neal Marchbanks Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Neal Marchbanks Pre-Primary," accessed May 2, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Neal Marchbanks April Quarterly," accessed May 2, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Neal Marchbanks July Quarterly," accessed July 25, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |