Nebraska 2012 ballot measures
- All four were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two were approved and two were defeated.
- The 2012 state legislative session began on January 4, 2012 and ended mid April of 2012. Legislative referrals could have been sent to the 2012 ballot during this time.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Admin. of Gov't||Makes any misdemeanor while in pursuit of office grounds for impeachment of a civil officer.|
|Amendment 2||Hunting||Protects the right of residents to hunt and fish in the state.|
|Amendment 3||Term limits||Allows legislators to hold three consecutive terms instead of two.|
|Amendment 4||Legislative salaries||Raises lawmaker salaries to $22,500 a year.|
Not on the ballot
|Gambling Amendment||Gambling||Would have allowed legislators to approve casinos in Nebraska if approved first by voters.|
|CI||Livestock Production Initiative||Animal rights||Would ban the use of gestation crates for sows, crates for veal calves, and cages for laying hens|
|Tax and License Fee Amendment||Taxes||Requires a two-thirds majority of Nebraska lawmakers to approve tax and license fee increases|
|LRSS||Mountain Lion Hunting Permit Measure||Hunting||Would allow residents to pay $25 for a chance to win a mountain lion hunting permit in a random drawing|
|Petition Signature Requirement Amendment (2)||Direct democracy||Would reverse a 1994 Nebraska Supreme Court decision which changed the number of signatures required to qualify a petition.|
|Marijuana Legalization Amendment (4)||Marijuana||Would repeal laws governing marijuana and tax commercial use.|
|Repeal Same-Sex Marriage Ban Initiative||Marriage||Would repeal the existing ban on same-sex marriage, Article 1, Section 29 of the state constitution.|
|CISS||Revise First-Degree Sexual Assault Initiative||Law||Would revise the conditions under which an individual is guilty of first-degree sexual assault|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012.
- Nebraska Secretary of State
- Nebraska Initiative and Referendum Process
- Nebraska Secretary of State: 2012 election information