Nebraska Director of Agriculture
|Nebraska Director of Agriculture|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2012-13 FY Budget:||$5,618,857|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Other Nebraska Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Director • Insurance Director • Natural Resources Director • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The director oversees the Department of Agriculture, which is tasked with promotion and development of state agriculture as well as regulation and licensing.
Chapter 81, Section 102:
|The Governor shall appoint heads for the various agencies listed in section 81-101, [...] The officers shall be designated as follows: (1) The Director of Agriculture for the Department of Agriculture;...|
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the Nebraska Director of Agriculture has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The director oversees the Department of Agriculture, whose stated mission is "to regulate industries, as prescribed by statute, and to encourage and promote the interests of agriculture through advocacy and education."
The Department of Agriculture consists of the following divisions:
- Ag Promotion and Development
- Animal and Plant Health Protection
- Food Safety and Consumer Protection
- Beginning Farmer
- Farm Mediation
- Laws and Regulations
- Licensing, Permits and Registrations
The budget for the Department of Agriculture in Fiscal Year 2012-13 was $5,618,857.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Nebraska Director of Agriculture has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Nebraska + Director + of + Agriculture
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Water Used to Produce Ethanol in Nebraska - Big Picture Agriculture
- Ag giants will team up in 'game-changing' alliance - Omaha World-Herald
- Nebraska Corn Board : Nebraska Commodity Leaders Join to Urge Farmers to ... - 4-traders (press release)
- Agri business supporters to convene Dec. 12-13 - Scottsbluff Star Herald
- Pheasant summit started conversation, but action, cooperation still required - The Capital Journal
- No farm bill in 2013 FDA to release guidance and proposed rule on animal ... - Politico
- Power farming show getting bigger - Lincoln Journal Star
- Playing Around with Rural Futures in Birmingham and Nebraska - HispanicBusiness.com
- 2013-12-11T10:17:00Z 2013-12-11T10:21:20Z Opening marketsBy US Sen ... - Beatrice Daily Sun
- Opening markets - Beatrice Daily Sun
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
301 Centennial Mall South
P.O. Box 94947
Lincoln, NE 68509-4947
Phone: (402) 471-2341
Fax: (402) 471-6876
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture on Facebook
- Department of Agriculture on Twitter
- ↑ [Nebraska Legislature Revised Statutes, "Chapter 81.102," accessed July 31, 2013
- ↑ Nebraska Department of Agriculture, "NDA - At Work for You!" accessed December 22, 2012
- ↑ Nebraska Department of Agriculture, "Homepage," accessed March 16, 2013
- ↑ Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau, "2011-2013 General Fund Appropriations Summary," accessed April 17, 2013