Nebraska Lottery Proceeds for State Fair Board, Amendment 4 (2004)
|Amendment 4 (Lottery Proceeds for State Fair Board)|
Official results via: Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09 (p.263)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- A vote FOR this proposal would provide a conditional guarantee of 10% of state lottery proceeds to the Nebraska State Fair Board for operation of the Nebraska State Fair and specify the distribution of the remaining proceeds. Under this proposal, after payment of prizes and operating expenses and $500,000 to the Compulsive Gamblers Assistance Fund, the remaining state lottery proceeds would be distributed as follows: (1) 44 ½% to the Nebraska Environmental Trust Fund to be used as provided in the Nebraska Environmental Trust Act, (2) 44 ½% to be used for education as the Legislature may direct, (3) 10% to the Nebraska State Fair Board if the most populous city within the county in which the fair is located provides matching funds equivalent to ten percent of the amount available for distribution to the Board, but if the fair ceases operations, this share would be transferred to the state General Fund, and (4) 1% to the Compulsive Gamblers Assistance Fund.
- A vote AGAINST this proposal will retain the Legislature's authority to distribute state lottery proceeds.
- A constitutional amendment to require the proceeds of the lottery operated and regulated by the State of Nebraska to be appropriated by the Legislature for the costs of the lottery, the Nebraska Environmental Trust Fund, education, the Nebraska State Fair Board, and the Compulsive Gamblers Assistance Fund, subject to certain conditions.
- Nebraska Secretary of the State 2004 Amendment Results
- Nebraska Blue Book 2004-05
- Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09
- Text of 2004 Proposed Amendments
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |