Nebraska Presiding Officer of Legislature Change, Amendment 2 (2004)
The Nebraska Presiding Officer of Legislature Change Amendment, also known as Amendment 2, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment on the November 2, 2004 ballot in Nebraska, where it was defeated.
|Amendment 2 (Presiding Officer of Legislature Change)|
Official results via: Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09 (p.263)
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
- A vote FOR this proposal will eliminate provisions that make the Lieutenant Governor the presiding officer of the Legislature and eliminate a provision that enables the Lieutenant Governor to vote on issues before the Legislature when the vote is a tie.
- A vote AGAINST this proposal will retain the Lieutenant Governor as the presiding officer of the Legislature and continue the Lieutenant Governor's authority to vote on issues before the Legislature when the vote is a tie.
- A constitutional amendment to remove the Lieutenant Governor and designate the Speaker as presiding officer of the Legislature. (LR 211 CA)
- List of Nebraska ballot measures
- Nebraska 2004 ballot measures
- 2004 ballot measures
- Nebraska Presiding Officer of Legislature Change, Amendment 6 (May 1998)
- Nebraska Secretary of the State 2004 Amendment Results
- Nebraska Blue Book 2004-05
- Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09
- Text of 2004 Proposed Amendments
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |