Nebraska Spending is a searchable database that discloses how Nebraska state government receives and spends funds.
There are six components to the website:
- State dollars to be spent
- State dollars received
- Operating investment pool
- 2007 contracts for over $20,000
- 2007 expenditures of the Nebraska state government that are over $500,000
- An interactive county map of the state of Nebraska; and a breakdown of property taxes for each county.
The website was developed after Shane Osborn, the State Treasurer, pledged to make the Nebraska legislature more transparent.