Neil Anderson (Illinois)
|Illinois State Senate, District 36|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
Anderson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Spend less
- Excerpt: "Reduce spending and borrowing, forcing Springfield to pass balanced budgets"
- Tax less
- Excerpt: "Rollback the Quinn/Jacobs 67% income tax hike on families, seniors and employers"
- Grow the economy
- Excerpt: "Enact meaningful tort reform, so employers can create new job"
Anderson listed the following campaign issues in a bio submission to Ballotpedia:
- Repeal the 2011 Tax Hike - "I am committed to repealing the excessive and unwarranted 67% Personal Income Tax Hike that was imposed on the residents of Illinois. By repealing the Tax Hike, Illinois Residents will be able to keep more of their hard earned income, that is so needed during these uncertain economic times."
- Jobs - "We need to create a positive environment for businesses and employers, and stop chasing them out of the State with unnecessary taxes and regulations. We need to give employers more of an incentive to do business in Illinois. The 2011 Tax Hike failed to do what was promised. In fact, it has driven businesses and workers out of the state. Illinois currently has the highest worst unemployment in the nation while 46 other states in the nation have lowered their unemployment in 2011."
- Pro Life/Pro Family - "I believe that life begins at conception, and that life is precious. Families are the core of our society. In Springfield I will be the voice for the unborn, but also a compassionate advocate for alternative options for those faced with these difficult decisions."
- Public Service - "Career politicians are ruining our state. It's time for a fresh face, new ideas and a transparent, common sense voice in Springfield. Politicians should be servants of the people. As State Representative, I will represent the people, and will not be bought by special interests groups. By leading through example in restoring the intended role of the Statesman, I will not accept the Pension or Healthcare benefits of the position. "
- Fiscal Responsibility - "We need to stop hemorrhaging money and get our state out of debt, and stop job-killing tax increases. As individuals and families, we all must make decisions based on our income and spending. We are unable to continue spending money that we do not have. We need to focus on a balance budget and transparency."
- Gun Rights - "Illinois is the only State in the Union that does not have a path for Law abiding citizens to legally carry a weapon for self defense. The 2nd Amendment is of the Constitution is clear about our Right to Bear Arms. As a State Representative, I pledge to support measures that protect this fundamental right of American Citizens."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Illinois State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Mike Jacobs ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Neil Anderson ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Jacobs and Anderson will face off in the general election.
Anderson ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 72. Anderson defeated Jonathan Wallace in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Patrick J. Verschoore (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Patrick J. Verschoore Incumbent||64.3%||28,675|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 72 Republican Primary, 2012|
Anderson and his wife, Brandi, live in Rock Island and have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Neil + Anderson + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Neil Anderson on Facebook
- Neil Anderson on Twitter
- facebook.com, "Neil Anderson for Illinois State Senate 36th District," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Review, "Moline firefighter to to take on Jacobs in 36th Illinois Senate District," November 10, 2013
- Neil Anderson for Illinois Senate, "Neil Anderson," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |