Nevada 2002 ballot measures
This table shows all initiatives and referenda that made the ballot in Nevada for 2002. In the tables below, "CICA" stands for citizen-initiated constitutional amendment, "CSS" for a citizen-initiated state statute, "CR" for a citizen referendum, "LR" for a legislative referral, and "LRCA" for a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Through 2000, a total of 39 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on Nevada's ballot since the beginning of the process in 1918. Of those, 25 passed and 14 failed.
- With two initiatives on the 2002 ballot, the historical total of Nevada citizen initiatives increased to 41. Of the citizen initiatives on the 2002 ballot, one passed and one failed.
On the ballot
|BI||Question 1||Bond Issues||Authorizes the state to issue general obligation bonds in order to preserve water quality||
|CICA||Question 2||Marriage||Amends the Constitution to recognize marriage as a union only between a man and a woman||
|LRSS||Question 3||Taxes||Exempts from taxes gross receipts from the sale and storage, use or other consumption of farm equipment||
|LRSS||Question 4||Taxes||Exempts from taxes the sale of furnishing as well as sale or storage of engine parts for professional racing vehicles||
|Question 5||Property rights||Amends the constitution to repeal the constitutional rule against perpetuities||
|Question 6||Judicial Reform||Revises the term of office of a Supreme Court justice or district court judge who is appointed to fill a vacancy||
|Question 7||State Budgets||Allows an exemption from the state debt limit for state contracts necessary for the improvement of public schools||
|Question 8||Taxes||Authorizes the Legislature to provide by law for the reduction in property taxes on a single-family residence||
|Question 9||Marijuana||Allows the use and possession of three ounces or less of marijuana by persons 21 years or older||
- 2002 ballot measures
- List of Nevada ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Nevada
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Nevada
- Nevada Legislature
- Nevada Secretary of State web site
- Election Information from Secretary of State
- Secretary of State's web page on 2008 Initiatives & Referenda
- Registered Nevada Ballot Access Groups