Nevada 2006 ballot measures
On the ballot
|Question 1||Education funding||Require Legislature to fund K-12 schools||
|Question 2||Eminent domain reform||Prohibit transfer of property from one private party to another||
|CISS||Question 4||Smoking ban||Prohibit smoking tobacco in public places||
|CISS||Question 5||Smoking ban||Prohibit smoking tobacco in public places, including bars||
|Question 6||Minimum wage||Increase the minimum wage||
|Question 7||Marijuana||Allow persons 21 years and over to purchase one ounce of marijuana||
|LRSS||Question 8||Taxes||Sales tax exemption for farm equipment||
|Question 9||Elections||Rules governing selection of members of the Board of Regents of the University of Nevada||
|Question 10||State legislature||How and when can the state legislature call special sessions?||
|Question 11||State legislature||Per diem expenses paid to state legislators||
- Through 2004, a total of 47 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on Nevada's ballot since the beginning of the process in 1918. Of those, 29 passed and 18 failed.
- With six initiatives on the 2006 ballot, the historical total of Nevada citizen initiatives increased to 53. Of the citizen initiatives on the 2006 ballot, four passed and two failed.
- Four were citizen-initiated proposed amendments to the Nevada Constitution; of these, one was a carryover from 2004, since in Nevada, initiated constitutional amendments must be voted on twice.
- Two were initiated state statutes.
- Three were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- There is no Question 3 as it was removed from the ballot by the Nevada Supreme Court in the Case of Nevadans for Nevada et al. v. Beers et al., 122 Nev. Adv. Op. 80 (Sept. 8, 2006).
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of Nevada ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Nevada
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Nevada
- Nevada Legislature
- Nevada Secretary of State web site
- Election Information from Secretary of State
- Secretary of State's web page on 2006 Initiatives & Referenda
- Registered Nevada Ballot Access Groups