Nevada County is one of 58 counties in California. Its county seat is located in Nevada City.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
This website was reviewed on December 16, 2012.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 5 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- Meeting minutes are archived for 6 years.
- Meeting agendas are archived for 6 years.
- A meeting calendar is available and names the times and locations of public meetings.
- Meeting video are available.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2000 are available.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Contracts can be found using document search function.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Residents are able to pay taxes online.
- Permits and zoning
- Zoning ordinances are posted online.
- Permit applications can be downloaded on the site, along with information on how to apply for the permits.
- Public Records
- The public information officer is identified with contact information.
- Information on how to file a public records request is posted.
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
For 2007 and 2008, Nevada County spent $139,002 on lobbying the California legislature.
- ↑ Nevada County County Budget, Accessed December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Appointed Officials, Accessed: December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County Board of Supervisors, Accessed December 16, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Meeting Schedule, Accessed: December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Video
- ↑ Nevada County, Financial Statements, Accessed December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Current Bids, Accessed December 15, 2012
- ↑ NEvada County, Document Search, Accessed: December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Property Tax Overview, Accessed: December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Pay Taxes Online, Accessed: December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, County Legislative Priorities and Legislative Advocacy, Accessed: December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Planning Department, Accessed December 15, 2012
- ↑ Nevada County, Building Department," Accessed December 16, 2012
- ↑ PIO
- ↑ Public Records
- ↑ State-Level Lobbying and Taxpayers: How Much Do We Really Know?, Pacific Research Institute