Nevada Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
|Nevada Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2012-2013 FY Budget:||$3,656,443|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the governor|
|Authority:||Nevada Revised Statutes Section 232.900|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Other Nevada Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Controller • Superintendent of Public Instruction • Agriculture Director • Insurance Commissioner • Director of Conservation and Natural Resources • Labor Commissioner • Public Utilities Commission • Employment, Training and Rehabilitation|
The purpose of the office is "to plan, coordinate and carry out various services and activities designed to achieve and support employment and economic independence for residents of this State who are disadvantaged, displaced or disabled."
The current Nevada Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation is Don Soderberg. He was appointed by Gov. Brian Sandoval in September 2014, relieving interim Director Dennis Perea, who had been temporarily filling in for former-Director Frank Woodbeck. Woodbeck resigned effective April 2014 to take a position with the Nevada System of Higher Education.
Soderberg was serving as Industrial Relations Administrator for the Nevada Department of Business and Industry at the time of his appointment. He is a former member of the Nevada Transportation Services Authority and served eight years as Chairman of the Nevada Public Utilities Commission.
The Department and Director are established under Section 232.900 of the Nevada Revised Statutes.
There are no specific qualifications for this office.
The director of the department of employment, training, and rehabilitation is appointed by, responsible to, and serves at the pleasure of the governor.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Nevada Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The department consists of divisions that offer assistance in job training and placement, vocational rehabilitation, workplace discrimination and in collecting and analyzing workforce and economic data.
The divisions consist of:
- Employment Security Division
- Rehabilitation Division
- Nevada Equal Rights Commission
- Research and Analysis Bureau
- Information Development and Processing
The Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation's budget for 2012-2013 was $3,656,443.
In 2013, the director was paid an estimated $124,528.
The Nevada Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation was paid a base salary of $121,645.20 in 2012.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Nevada Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Nevada + Director + of + Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Carson City Office
500 East Third Street
Carson City, NV 89713
Las Vegas Office:
2800 East Saint Louis Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Nevada Revised Statutes, "NRS 232.910 Creation; purpose; composition," accessed March 16, 2013
- Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval, "Press Release: Sandoval Appoints Don Soderberg Director of Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation," September 26, 2014
- Governor of Nevada, "Press Releases: Sandoval Statement on Frank Woodbeck," April 3, 2014
- insurancenewsnet.com, "Sandoval Appoints Don Soderberg Director of Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation," September 26, 2014
- Nevada Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation, "About" accessed December 28, 2012
- Nevada Electronic Legislative Information System, "2011 76th Regular Session Assembly Bill No.580," 9, accessed July 5, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," accessed December 3, 2014
- Council of State Governments, Selected State Administrative Officials: Annual Salaries," accessed January 31, 2014
- Transparent Nevada, "Woodbeck, Frank," accessed August 15, 2013
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |