Nevada Personal Income Tax Prohibition, Question 9 (1990)
This was the second vote required by law for the state personal income tax prohibition, first passed in 1988.
|Question 9 (Personal Income Tax Prohibition)|
Official results via: Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau - Research Division
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- Shall the Nevada constitution be amended to prohibit a state personal income tax?
The language that appeared in the voter's guide:
- Question 9 would, if passed, amend the Nevada constitution to prohibit the imposition of a personal income tax while affirming the Legislature's already existing authority to tax the income or revenues of businesses.
- FISCAL NOTE
- Financial Impact-No. There currently is no personal income tax in the State of Nevada. Therefore, the approval of this proposal would not change any current or anticipated revenues to state and local government.
- List of Nevada ballot measures
- Nevada 1990 ballot measures
- 1990 ballot measures
- Nevada State Personal Income Tax (1988)