New Hampshire House of Representatives District Belknap 4
|New Hampshire House of Representatives District Belknap 04|
|Current incumbent||Brian S. Gallagher|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
About the office
Article 14 of Part 2 of the New Hampshire Constitution states, "Every member of the house of representatives shall be chosen by ballot; and, for two years, at least, next preceding his election shall have been an inhabitant of this state; shall be, at the time of his election, an inhabitant of the town, ward, place, or district he may be chosen to represent and shall cease to represent such town, ward, place, or district immediately on his ceasing to be qualified as aforesaid."
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the New Hampshire General Court are paid $200/two-year term. There is no per diem.
If there is a vacancy in the house, a special election must be held to fill the vacant seat. It's up to the Governor to call for an election and to set an election date as soon as possible. There are no deadlines set by the state constitution on special elections.
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Incumbent Ian Raymond and Jane Alden were unopposed in Democratic primary, while incumbent Dennis Fields and Brian S. Gallagher defeated Richard Brothers in the Republican primary. Raymond, Alden, Fields and Gallagher all faced off in the general election. Both Republicans were victorious over the Democrats in the general election, with Gallagher and incumbent Fields defeating Alden and incumbent Raymond
|New Hampshire House of Representatives Belknap 4 District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Brian S. Gallagher||27.5%||1,279|
|Republican||Dennis Fields Incumbent||25.8%||1,198|
|Democratic||Ian Raymond Incumbent||23.8%||1,103|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Belknap 4 District Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dennis Fields Incumbent||32.2%||335|
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on September 11, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 15, 2012. Ian Raymond (D) and incumbent Dennis Fields (R) defeated Jane Alden (D) and Timothy Lang, Sr. (R) in the general election on November 6. Two candidates, including incumbent Dennis Fields, advanced past the September 11 Republican primary. Two candidates advanced past the September 11 Democratic primary.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Belknap 4 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Stanley H. Robinson||22.6%||174|
Since 2004, candidates for New Hampshire House of Representatives District Belknap 4 have raised a total of $5,241. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $90 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, New Hampshire House of Representatives District Belknap 4|
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire State Senate
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- U.S. Census Bureau, "Population Distribution and Change: 2000 to 2010," accessed January 6, 2014
- www.census.gov/, "Population in 2000 of the American states," accessed January 6, 2014
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-House of Representatives," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Sections 12 and 16)
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-Senate," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Section 34)
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Results," accessed December 3, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed December 6, 2013