New Hampshire House of Representatives District Hillsborough 36
|New Hampshire House of Representatives District Hillsborough 36|
|Current incumbent||Michael O'Brien|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
About the office
Article 14 of Part 2 of the New Hampshire Constitution states, "Every member of the house of representatives shall be chosen by ballot; and, for two years, at least, next preceding his election shall have been an inhabitant of this state; shall be, at the time of his election, an inhabitant of the town, ward, place, or district he may be chosen to represent and shall cease to represent such town, ward, place, or district immediately on his ceasing to be qualified as aforesaid."
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the New Hampshire General Court are paid $200/two-year term. There is no per diem.
If there is a vacancy in the house, a special election must be held to fill the vacant seat. It's up to the Governor to call for an election and to set an election date as soon as possible. There are no deadlines set by the state constitution on special elections.
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Incumbent Linda Harriott-Gathright, incumbent Martin Jack and incumbent Michael O'Brien were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Willard L. Brown, Joseph Krasucki and Bill Ohm defeated Barbie Mahoney and Paul Pakenham in the Republican primary. Harriott-Gathright, Jack, O'Brien, Brown, Krasucki and Ohm faced off in the general election. Ohm, incumbent Jack, and incumbent O'Brien defeated Krasucki, Brown, and incumbent Harriott-Gathright in the general election.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives Hillsborough 36 District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Michael O'Brien Incumbent||18%||1,509|
|Democratic||Martin Jack Incumbent||16.8%||1,415|
|Republican||Joseph F. Krasucki||15.9%||1,333|
|Democratic||Linda Harriott-Gathright Incumbent||15.8%||1,330|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 36 District Republican Primary, 2014|
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on September 11, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 15, 2012. Michael O'Brien (D), Martin Jack (D) and Linda Harriott-Gathright (D) defeated Willard L. Brown (R), incumbent Bill Ohm (R) and incumbent David Robbins (R) in the general election. All three Democratic candidates advanced past the September 11 Democratic primary. All three Republican candidates advanced past the September 11 Republican primary.
Since 2012, candidates for New Hampshire House of Representatives District Hillsborough 36 have raised a total of $552. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $92 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, New Hampshire House of Representatives District Hillsborough 36|
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire State Senate
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- U.S. Census Bureau, "Population Distribution and Change: 2000 to 2010," accessed January 6, 2014
- www.census.gov/, "Population in 2000 of the American states," accessed January 6, 2014
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-House of Representatives," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Sections 12 and 16)
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-Senate," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Section 34)
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- WMUR9 ABC, "New Hampshire - Summary Vote Results," November 5, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed December 6, 2013