New Hampshire House of Representatives District Rockingham 12
|New Hampshire House of Representatives District Rockingham 12|
|Current incumbent||Elisabeth Sanders|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
About the office
Article 14 of Part 2 of the New Hampshire Constitution states, "Every member of the house of representatives shall be chosen by ballot; and, for two years, at least, next preceding his election shall have been an inhabitant of this state; shall be, at the time of his election, an inhabitant of the town, ward, place, or district he may be chosen to represent and shall cease to represent such town, ward, place, or district immediately on his ceasing to be qualified as aforesaid."
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the New Hampshire General Court are paid $200/two-year term. There is no per diem.
If there is a vacancy in the house, a special election must be held to fill the vacant seat. It's up to the Governor to call for an election and to set an election date as soon as possible. There are no deadlines set by the state constitution on special elections.
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Mary Elizabeth Seals was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Elisabeth Sanders faced Shawn Patrick O'Neil in the Republican primary. Note: According to unofficial results, Sanders and O'Neil are tied at 250 votes.
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on September 11, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 15, 2012. Incumbent Elisabeth Sanders (R) defeated Thomas Billbrough (D) in the general election. Both candidates were unopposed in the September 11 primary elections.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 12, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Betsy Sanders Incumbent||61.8%||1,340|
Since 2004, candidates for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 12 have raised a total of $5,060. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $202 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 12|
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire State Senate
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- U.S. Census Bureau, "Population Distribution and Change: 2000 to 2010," accessed January 6, 2014
- www.census.gov/, "Population in 2000 of the American states," accessed January 6, 2014
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-House of Representatives," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Sections 12 and 16)
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-Senate," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Section 34)
- Associated Press, "Unofficial primary results," accessed September 10, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed December 6, 2013