New Hampshire House of Representatives District Rockingham 7
|New Hampshire House of Representatives District Rockingham 07|
|Current incumbent||David Bates|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
About the office
Article 14 of Part 2 of the New Hampshire Constitution states, "Every member of the house of representatives shall be chosen by ballot; and, for two years, at least, next preceding his election shall have been an inhabitant of this state; shall be, at the time of his election, an inhabitant of the town, ward, place, or district he may be chosen to represent and shall cease to represent such town, ward, place, or district immediately on his ceasing to be qualified as aforesaid."
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the New Hampshire General Court are paid $200/two-year term. There is no per diem.
If there is a vacancy in the house, a special election must be held to fill the vacant seat. It's up to the Governor to call for an election and to set an election date as soon as possible. There are no deadlines set by the state constitution on special elections.
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Three candidates were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while six candidates faced off in the Republican primary. Anthony DiFruscia ran as an Independent candidate. The general election was contested by one Independent, three Democrats, and four Republicans. Anthony DiFruscia represented the Independent Party. The Democrats were Stephen Mavrellis, Henri Azibert, and Rebecca L. Brown. The Republicans participants were David Bates, New Hampshire Representative, and incumbents Mary Griffin, Walter Kolodziej, and Charles McMahon. All four Republicans were victorious over the other candidates in the general election.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives Rockingham 7 District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mary Griffin Incumbent||19.7%||3,815|
|Republican||Charles McMahon Incumbent||18.6%||3,590|
|Republican||Walter Kolodziej Incumbent||16.6%||3,210|
|Democratic||Rebecca L. Brown||8.4%||1,632|
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on September 11, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 15, 2012. Incumbent Kevin Waterhouse (R), incumbent Charles McMahon (R), incumbent Walter Kolodziej (R) and incumbent Mary Griffin (R) won election to the House in the general election on November 6. All four Democratic candidates advanced past the September 11 Democratic primary. Four candidates, all incumbents, advanced past the September 11 Republican primary.
Since 2004, candidates for New Hampshire House of Representatives District Rockingham 7 have raised a total of $1,266. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $29 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, New Hampshire House of Representatives District Rockingham 7|
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire State Senate
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- U.S. Census Bureau, "Population Distribution and Change: 2000 to 2010," accessed January 6, 2014
- www.census.gov/, "Population in 2000 of the American states," accessed January 6, 2014
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-House of Representatives," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Sections 12 and 16)
- State of New Hampshire, "State Constitution-Senate," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Sections, Section 34)
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Results," accessed December 3, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed December 6, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed December 6, 2013