New Hampshire Gubernatorial election, 2014
September 9, 2014
November 4, 2014
New Hampshire is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters may vote in the primary, but in order to do so, they have to choose a party before voting. This changes their status from unaffiliated to affiliated with that party, unless they fill out a card to return to undeclared status. The primary will be held September 9, 2014.
The gubernatorial race is not the only race on the November ballot that could shift the balance of power in New Hampshire. The New Hampshire House of Representatives and New Hampshire State Senate have been identified by Ballotpedia as two of the top 20 legislative chambers to watch in 2014. Learn more about the state's most competitive legislative races on the battleground chambers page.
State executive organization
Executive officials in New Hampshire are part of a three-pronged government structure that includes state legislators and state judges. The following chart details the relationship among different branches of New Hampshire's state government:
The filing deadline for candidates was June 13, 2014.
- Daniel Greene
- Walt Havenstein - former BAE Systems president and former CEO of Science Applications International Corporation.
- Andrew Hemingway - former campaign manager for Newt Gingrich
- Jonathan Smolin
Did not file
- Brad Cook - attorney at Sheehan Phinney, secretary of the Business and Industry Association of New Hampshire
- George Lambert - member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, representing Hillsborough 44
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "New + Hampshire + Governor + election + 2014"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor of New Hampshire
- New Hampshire state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State Website, "How to Register to Vote in New Hampshire," accessed January 3, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed June 14, 2014
- New Hampshire Union Leader, Walter Havenstein's Granite Status: GOP 'excited' about business leader's potential run for governor, February 15, 2014
- Nashua Patch, Hemingway Announces Run for Governor, January 30, 2014
- Union Leader, John DiStaso's Granite Status: GOP Manchester attorney Brad Cook confirms eyeing a run for governor, September 11, 2013
- Granite Grok, George Lambert Eye’s Run For Governor of New Hampshire, June 10, 2013
- Nashua Telegraph, "Litchfield Rep. Lambert bows out of race for governor, citing health reasons," February 3, 2014
State of New Hampshire
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Fish and Game | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |