New Iberia, Louisiana
|Transparency grading process|
The city of New Iberia is the parish seat of Iberia Parish, in the US state of Louisiana, 30 miles (48 km) southeast of Lafayette. In 1900, 6,815 people lived in New Iberia, Louisiana; in 1910, 7,499; and in 1940, 13,747. The population was 32,623 at the 2000 census.
Evaluating transparency of the city's website
- A full listing of city council members and their contact information is available.
- Council meeting agenda is posted.
- Administrative officials and their contact information is provided.
- Tax information is available.
- Basic building permit info available, and the forms can be downloaded online.
- Budget information is not provided.
- Audit reports are not available.
- City contracts are not online.
- Information on lobbying is not available.
- How to make a public records request is not provided on the city's site.