The 10th Congressional District of New Jersey will hold a special election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. The election is to fill the vacancy left by the death of Representative Donald Payne (D). The special election dates are the same as the state's scheduled primary and general elections: June 5, 2012, and November 6, 2012. The winner of the special election will fill the seat from the November election until the full-term representative takes over in January.
New Jersey was redistricted in 2012; the special election took place among voters from the pre-redistricting 10th District. The full-term representative will be elected by voters in the new 10th.
- See also: New Jersey's 10th Congressional District elections, 2012
- No Republicans have declared an intent to run.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 New Jersey Spotlight, "U.S. Congressional Race: District 10," May 24, 2012
- ↑ Roll Call, "New Jersey: Special Election Dates for Payne Seat Set," March 30, 2012
- ↑ NJ.gov, "Petitions for the 2012 Primary Election, United States House of Representatives Unexpired Term for the Tenth Congressional District Are Now Available," accessed June 1, 2012