New Jersey Association of Counties
Counties and spending concerns
- See also: New Jersey government sector lobbying
Several member counties in March 2010 began to withhold their dues to the association pending the completion of an audit of funds. Morris County stated it would withhold its $10,000 dues to the association, and Sussex and Warren County followed suit. In addition, that attention made other counties express their concern about the transparency of the association. Responses in this situation have ranged from freeholders supporting the association and being offended by the call for an audit, to others expressing skepticism over the association. The executive director stepped down from her position as a result of the criticisms.
- New Jersey Association of Counties official website
- National Association of Counties New Jersey section
- "N.J. freeholder boards withhold dues from Association of Counties over agency's spending," NJ.com, February 14, 2010
- "N.J. Association of Counties executive director plans to leave job after spending criticism," NJ.com, March 4, 2010