New Jersey Treasurer
|New Jersey Treasurer|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$1,797,194,000|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||February 22, 2010|
|Other New Jersey Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Comptroller• Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Secretary • Insurance Commissioner • Commissioner of Environmental Protection • Labor Commissioner • Public Utilities Board|
The Treasurer is a state executive position in the New Jersey state government.
As head of the Treasury Department, the Treasurer oversees the finances of the state.
| Powers and duties of State Treasurer transferred to State Treasurer as head of Department of Treasury.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the New Jersey Treasurer has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
Per Article V, Section I (13) of the New Jersey Constitution, in the event of a vacancy in the office of treasurer, the governor with the consent of the senate, appoints a new officeholder. If the vacancy occurs while the Legislature is in recess, the governor makes an ad interim appointment, which expires at the end of the next regular session of the Senate.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that outlines the key responsibilities of a state executive office. That information for the New Jersey Treasurer has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The Treasury Department is composed of the following divisions:
- Office of the Chief Economist/Office of Revenue and Economic Analysis (OREA)
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
- Pension and Benefits
- Property Management and Construction (DPMC)
- Public Contracts EEO Compliance
- Public Finance
- Purchase and Property
- Revenue and Enterprise Services (DORES)
- Risk Management
The budget for the Department of the Treasury in Fiscal Year 2013 was $1,797,194,000.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the New Jersey Treasurer has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "New Jersey" + State + Treasurer
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- What state treasurer Jim McIntire's study says about a $15 minimum wage - The Seattle Times (blog)
- NJ state revenues miss their mark for October - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
- Chris Christie, Democratic lawmakers to tangle over tough state budgets - NJ.com
- Christie blocks access to records - Vineland Daily Journal
- For unions, Democrats' 2014 primary is a dilemma - New Jersey Herald
- NJ, 2 other states tax health savings accounts - USA TODAY
- Lawsuit claims former NJ Sen. Coniglio used campaign funds for defense in ... - NorthJersey.com
- Court orders Christie administration to reveal New Jersey pension probe secrets - Watchdog.org
- Customer information of JPMorgan's UCard hacked - New Jersey Herald
- Longtime human rights advocate from Montclair is United Nations-bound - NorthJersey.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Department of the Treasury
P. O. Box 002
Trenton, NJ 08625-0002
Email: Online Contact Form
- ↑ State of New Jersey Department of the Treasury, "Office of the State Treasurer," accessed May 22, 2012
- ↑ New Jersey Permanent Statutes, "Title 52:18A-27," accessed July 31, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of the Treasury, Divisions and Agencies
- ↑ New Jersey Department of the Treasury, "FY 2012 - 2013 Appropriations Handbook," accessed April 22, 2013
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 22, 2011