New Mexico Bond Issue C (2000)
New Mexico Bond Issue C authorizes the issuance and sale of bonds for state facilities and equipment. It was on the November 7, 2000 election ballot in New Mexico. It was defeated, with 44% of voters in favor.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
Summary by the League of Women Voters, Albuquerque/Bernalillo County: Bond Issue C will provide $26,212,500 for construction and improvements to existing facilities and equipment around the state.
This money will be apportioned in the following way. Numbers do not include administrative costs, which would bring the total to the numbers above.
1) $10,000,000 to the Capital Program Fund to continue converting the state's microwave radio system from analog to digital technology.
2a) $8,500,000 to the Office of Cultural Affairs to plan, design, construct, furnish and equip a new Palace of the Governors Annex in Santa Fe.
2b) $2,300,000 to acquire land for a parking facility for the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque.
2c) $300,000 to plan, design and construct the National Atomic Museum in Albuquerque.
2d) $350,000 to construct, equip, and provide site development for a facility consisting of a visitors' center, staff housing and maintenance shops at the Bosque Redondo Memorial and Museum in Fort Sumner.
3) $1,047,500 to the State Parks Div. of the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Dept. for field and infrastructure improvements at Balloon Fiesta State Park in Albuquerque.
4) $ 350,000 to the Dept. of Game and Fish to acquire land for, design, build and equip a warm water fish hatchery, rearing station, and education center in Santa Rosa.
5) $ 2,247,000 to the Dept. of Public Safety for radio replacements and equipment for the NM State Police.
6) $ 1,000,000 to the State Armory Board for improvements to armories statewide.