New Mexico Higher Education Capital Improvements and Acquisitions Bonds, Question B (2006)
Question B authorized the State of New Mexico to issue $118,360 million in general obligation bonds in order to generate the funds with which to "make capital expenditures for certain higher educational capital improvements and acquisitions."
The ballot question read:
- Shall the state be authorized to issue general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed one hundred eighteen million three hundred sixty thousand dollars ($118,360,000) to make capital expenditures for certain higher educational capital improvements and acquisitions and provide for a general property tax imposition and levy for the payment of principal of, interest on and expenses incurred in connection with the issuance of the bonds and the collection of the tax as permitted by law?
Summary of Higher Education Projects
The following projects have been specifically designated for funding by the Sale of Bond Issue B:
- Higher Education Department: Central Community College (formerly TVI) classroom/technology building ($11,300,000), Clovis Community College Health Center ($3,000,000), Luna Community College Education Center ($2,000,000), Mesalands Community College academic building ($1,500,000), New Mexico Junior College Testing Center remodel ($1,000,000) and Cowboy Hall of Fame remodel ($245,000), San Juan College Outdoor Learning Center ($800,000), Santa Fe Community College Health and Science building ($3,000,000).
- Eastern New Mexico University: Portales campus Music Building ($4,500,000), Roswell branch Health Center ($1,300,000), Roswell branch Dental Clinic ($4,500,000), Ruidoso branch Instructional Center Expansion ($1,250,000).
- New Mexico Highlands University: Burris Hall renovation ($3,000,000), Felix Martinez building ($3,500,000), Student Services Center ($4,500,000).
- New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology: Student Services Center ($1,000,000), Kelly and Jones Halls renovations ($6,500,000).
- New Mexico State University: Gardiner Hall renovation/expansion ($11,000,000), Health and Social Services building addition ($2,000,000), Native American Cultural Center ($3,000,000), Alamogordo branch Reidlinger Math and Science building addition ($1,500,000), Carlsbad branch infrastructure renovation/expansion ($1,500,000), East Mesa Center ($3,500,000), Grants branch college and community library center ($400,000).
- Northern New Mexico State School: El Rito campus plaza ($300,000), Espanola Teacher and General Education building ($3,000,000)
- University of New Mexico: College of Education Building ($3,500,000), Health Science Center Education Building ($4,000,000), Science and Math Learning Center ($7,000,000), Gallup branch Technology Center/Classroom building ($2,000,000), Los Alamos branch instructional facilities renovation ($ 350,000) and lecture hall ($250,000), Taos branch Career Technical multipurpose facility ($400,000), Valencia branch security, lighting, landscaping and additions ($1,000,000).
- Western New Mexico University: Career and Technical Education Center ($1,000,000), Juan Chacon Building renovation/expansion ($6,000,000).
- New Mexico Military Institute: Dow Hall renovation/expansion ($3,400,000).
- New Mexico School for the Blind and Visually Impaired: Albuquerque Early Childhood Facility ($3,000,000).
- New Mexico School for the Deaf: Dillon and Connor Hall renovation ($7,000,000).
- List of New Mexico ballot measures
- New Mexico 2006 ballot measures
- New Mexico Senate
- New Mexico House of Representatives