New Mexico Statewide Library Acquisitions, Question C (2006)
Question C authorized the State of New Mexico to issue $9,090,000 in general obligation bonds in order to generate the funds with which to "make capital expenditures for public library acquisitions."
The ballot question read:
- Shall the state be authorized to issue general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed nine million ninety thousand dollars ($9,090,000) to make capital expenditures for public library acquisitions and provide for a general property tax imposition and levy for the payment of principal of, interest on and expenses incurred in connection with the issuance of the bonds and the collection of the tax as permitted by law?
Summary of Statewide Library Acquisitions
The following projects have been specifically designated for funding by the Sale of Bond Issue C:
- Cultural Affairs Department library acquisitions including books, equipment and resources for libraries statewide ($3,000,000),
- Higher Education Department library resource acquisitions for academic libraries statewide ($3,000,000),
- Public Education Department library books, equipment and resource acquisitions for public school and juvenile detention libraries statewide ($3,000,000).
- List of New Mexico ballot measures
- New Mexico 2006 ballot measures
- New Mexico Senate
- New Mexico House of Representatives
State of New Mexico
Santa Fe (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Solutions | Chairman of Public Regulation Commission |