For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
New York AG Cuomo accepts nomination for governor
RYE BROOK, New York: After months of local media speculation and political him hawing, New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo officially launched his campaign for the state's governorship on Saturday, May 22, 2010, vowing to combat the state governmental corruption that has reached such a point that it "would make the notorious Boss Tweed blush." Four days later, he selected Rochester Mayor Robert J. Duffy to be his running mate.
Upon being introduced on the last night of the State Democratic Convention, held from May 25-27, "by William C. Thompson Jr., the former New York City comptroller; Kathy Hochul, the Erie County clerk; and Vivian Viloria-Fisher, a Dominican-born Suffolk County legislator," Cuomo accepted the nomination of the State Democratic Party. Problems are already beginning to mount up for the former Clinton administration cabinet member, however. In an election year where voter sentiment has turned against politicians pushing for the expansion of big government policies, Cuomo has geared his gubernatorial campaign promises specifically toward these constituents, stating that he would reject imposing tax increases and borrowing to solve the state's budget deficit and pledging his support for charter schools. This, however, has resulted in him losing the support of the state teachers unions, who have been staunchly loyal to the Democratic Party for decades. Additionally, his refusal to accept the endorsement of the Working Families Party, a coalition of liberal and labor groups from across the state, could very well cause the party to "lose its ballot line status for statewide elections," which, in turn, could result in a backlash come election time.
- Attorney General elections, 2010
- Candidates for State Attorney General, 2010
- Gubernatorial elections, 2010
- New York Attorney General election, 2010
- New York gubernatorial election, 2010
- New York Daily News, "Source says Andrew Cuomo will announce plans to run for New York Governor in March" 23 Jan. 2010
- Politics Daily, "Andrew Cuomo Running for Governor of New York: Vows Corruption Cleanup" 22 May, 2010
- New York Times, "Rochester Mayor to Be Cuomo’s Running Mate" 26 May, 2010
- New York Times, "Cuomo Accepts Governor Nomination" 27 May, 2010