Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Poudre Board of Education, District E|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
Holian has been an enterprise consultant and technologist with Hewlett-Packard since 2000. He and his wife, Laura, have two children currently attending district schools.
- See also: Poudre School District elections (2013)
Holian won election to the District E seat unopposed on November 5, 2013.
|Poudre School District, District E General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Source: Larimer County, Colorado, "Election Summary Report," November 19, 2013|
What was at stake?
Incumbent Jim Hayes did not file for re-election in District C, leaving challengers Mel Hilgenberg and David Trask to compete with one another for the seat. Christophe Febvre ran for re-election in District D without opposition. Nicholas Holian ran unopposed for the District E seat formerly held by Patrick Albright, who did not file for the 2013 election.
About the district
- See also: Poudre School District, Colorado
Fort Collins outperformed the rest of Colorado in higher education achievement while lagging behind state rates for median income and poverty. The average household income in Fort Collins was $51,446 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Fort Collins was 17.2% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 51.5% of Fort Collins residents aged 25 years and older earned a bachelor's degree compared to 36.3% in Colorado.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nicholas + Holian + Poudre + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Coloradoan.com, "Holian unopposed for PSD District E seat," October 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Colorado TRACER, "Candidate and Candidate Committee Detail," accessed December 19, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts:Fort Collins, accessed October 24, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, “Voter Registration Numbers,” accessed October 24, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014