|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 2|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law|
Bain earned his J.D. from Mississippi College School of Law, and was admitted to the state bar in 2006. His professional experience includes owning and operating a law office which focuses on criminal defense, family and personal injury law, among other specialties.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Bain served on the following committees:
- Conservation and Water Resources
- Judiciary B
- Judiciary En Banc
- Youth and Family Affairs
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Bain won election to District 2 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unchallenged in the August 2 primary and defeated Republican A.L. Wood in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 2 General Election, 2011|
In 2011, Bain received $63,078 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nick Bain's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$17,878|
|House Democratic Leadership Of Mississippi||$13,185|
|Total Raised in 2011||$63,078|
|Total Votes received in 2011||3,772|
|Cost of each vote received||$16.72|
Bain and his wife, Lesley, reside in Corinth, Mississippi.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Nick + Bain + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Facebook, "Nick Bain for State Representative, accessed July 15, 2011
- Law Office of Nicholas R. Bain, PLLC, "Attorneys," accessed July 15, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
E. Harvey Moss
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 2
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |