|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 2|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law|
Bain earned his J.D. from Mississippi College School of Law, and was admitted to the state bar in 2006. His professional experience includes owning and operating a law office which focuses on criminal defense, family and personal injury law, among other specialties.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bain served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Youth and Family Affairs|
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Bain served on the following committees:
- Conservation and Water Resources
- Judiciary B
- Judiciary En Banc
- Youth and Family Affairs
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Bain won election to District 2 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unchallenged in the August 2 primary and defeated Republican A.L. Wood in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 2 General Election, 2011|
In 2011, Bain received $63,078 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nick Bain's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$17,878|
|House Democratic Leadership Of Mississippi||$13,185|
|Total Raised in 2011||$63,078|
|Total Votes received in 2011||3,772|
|Cost of each vote received||$16.72|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Bain and his wife, Lesley, reside in Corinth, Mississippi.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Nick + Bain + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Facebook, "Nick Bain for State Representative, accessed July 15, 2011
- Law Office of Nicholas R. Bain, PLLC, "Attorneys," accessed July 15, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
E. Harvey Moss
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 2
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |