|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 25|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Cousino High School|
|Bachelor's||Wayne State University|
|J.D.||University of Detroit Mercy|
Hawatmeh's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||CREATING BETTER JOBS
State government's #1 priority must be fostering an environment that will create better-paying jobs so workers and students can stay in Michigan and raise a family.
STRENGTHENING PUBLIC EDUCATION A good job and a promising future starts with great schools. As we spend more money on education, it is vital that money goes directly to the classroom to teach students. Standards must be high and students must learn. Education is all about TLC: teaching, learning, and children.
FIXING ROADS New employers won't choose Michigan after spending day on our crumbling roads. We must prioritize funding and get serious about fixing our state's roads. It will attract new jobs and keep all of us safe. It's just common sense.
FIGHTING CRIME & PROTECTING SENIORS FROM FRAUD Keeping crime out of Sterling Heights and Warren not only keeps us safe, it protects our quality of life, schools, and home values. We must also strengthen and enforce anti-fraud laws to protect the elderly.
TRAINING WORKERS FOR NEW HIGH-TECH CAREERS From Thomas Edison's lab, to Henry Ford's factory, our region has always lead the world in productivity and innovation. Macomb County workers are the best in the world and we must expand skills training to equip workers for today's new high-tech jobs.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Henry Yanez was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Nick Hawatmeh was unopposed in the Republican primary. Yanez defeated Hawatmeh in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 25 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Henry Yanez Incumbent||53.5%||14,974|
In 2014, Hawatmeh's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nick + Hawatmeh + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 25
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Nick Hawatmeh for State Representative, "Issues," accessed October 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |