|North Carolina House Of Representatives District 99|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Law license suspended
In May 2010 a North Carolina State Bar panel determined Mackey committed misconduct and suspended his law license for 3 years. Mackey signed an order stating that he "engaged in dishonest conduct" by failing to file timely tax returns between 2003-2006 and failing to act quickly to help a client wanting to adopt his stepdaughter prior to her becoming an adult. He has the chance to stay the suspension after one year.
- Subcommittee on Transportation
- Judiciary III Committee, North Carolina House
- Local Government I Committee, North Carolina House
- State Government/State Personnel Committee, North Carolina House
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina House
Mackey ran for re-election to the 99th District Seat in 2010, but was defeated by his opponent in the primary, Rodney Moore. Mackey was seeking his second term. Moore faced Michael Wilson (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 99|
|Nick Mackey (D)||28,106|
|Dempsey Miller (R)||14,925|
In 2008, Mackey collected $3,312 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA ADVOCATES FOR JUSTICE||$1,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF EDUCATORS||$750|
|NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE & FINANCIAL ADVISORS||$500|
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Mackey
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Rep. Mackey's facebook
- WRAL, "5 NC House members lose legislative primaries," May 4, 2010
- Winston-Salem Journal, "Bar panel suspends state representative's law license," May 4, 2010
- wral.com, "Burr wins easily; Democratic runoff needed," May 4, 2010
- North Carolina House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- "2008 campaign contributions"
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |