|Nick Robert Wukoson|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 18|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Wukoson is a Florida native. He graduated from Auburn University in 1997 with a bachelor's in business administration.
Wukoson listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "But my view is that once life begins, the unborn child has rights to life and to abort the pregnancy after that time should always be a criminal action. However, up until the heart begins to beat, the government needs to back off and back out of a woman’s right to choose."
- Civil rights
- Excerpt: "In short, everyone needs equal opportunity, equal rights and equal treatment. Regardless of race, gender, handicap or sexual orientation. If ones faith does not understand someones lifestyle, then keep that within the religion."
- Corporate tax
- Excerpt: "We need to encourage our corporations and businesses to grow, hire and produce more here in the US! We should be adding tariffs to foreign products and lowering taxes on domestic companies."
- Excerpt: "As your representative, I will sponsor and push legislation that will both better fund [drug traffic control] programs with tax revenues already paid into the system and hold our federal government accountable in enforcing the current laws in the books today that they are not enforcing."
- Excerpt: "I do not support this standard core agenda and I do not support testing, like the FCAT, that only focuses on a few key subjects and neglects others. I absolutely endorse higher pay for better performances in all lines of work and education is not left off that list, but how we are going about it now is wrong and it needs to be changed."
- Energy and natural resources
- Excerpt: "Environmental limitations, fines and penalties have done some good for our environment, something I strongly support, but there is a fine line there that they have crossed. And it has forced us to depend on foreign oil and in turn military actions on foreign land. How we fix this is by coming together with the heavy hitters in the environmental world and strike up a deal that will both better protect and fund areas of our environment and allow us to utilize more of our own resources here at home."
- Gun control
- Excerpt: "I do not support a national database of gun ownership but I do support tighter control over who buys guns and where."
- Excerpt: "There is no question in that we need more affordable and accessible healthcare options for us and our families. But the single payer system, that Obamacare is designed to send us into, is not the answer."
- Excerpt: "We must secure our borders first so we can then control and manage the millions of immigrants who are here illegally. But we also must make it a priority to improve and dramatically shorten the legal process for immigrants to come into our great nation."
- Social security
- Excerpt: "This government run program, like others, has failed and we need shut it down and privatize it."
Florida's 18th Congressional District was a battleground district in 2014 due to the fact that the race had a very low margin of victory in the last election. Incumbent Patrick Murphy faced no challenger in the Democratic primary. In the Republican primary, Carl Domino triumphed over Calvin Turnquest, Alan Schlesinger, Beverly Joy Hires, Nick Robert Wukoson and Brian Lara. Murphy then defeated Domino in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Florida District 18 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Florida Division of Elections|
Wukoson has a wife and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nick + Wukoson + Florida + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 18th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 18th Congressional District
- Florida Election Division, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed January 28, 2013
- Associated Press, "Primary Results 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's Biographical Submission Form on February 3, 2014
- Pick Nick 2014: "Meet Nick Wukoson," accessed February 4, 2014
- Pick Nick 2014: "On the Issues," accessed February 4, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |