|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zerwas served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services Finance|
|• Health and Human Services Policy|
|• Housing Finance and Policy|
Zerwas's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I do not support raising taxes. I fully believe government has a spending problem and not a revenue problem. Government must act like Minnesotan families and live within its means."
- Excerpt: "I believe that life begins at conception and ends at natural death."
2nd Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "Coming from a law enforcement family I strongly believe in our 2nd Amendment right to keep & bear arms."
Size of Government
- Excerpt: "Government at all levels has grown and interjected itself too deeply in our lives. I strongly believe government is not the answer. The government just simply cannot be all things to all people."
- Excerpt: "Funding for roads and bridges benefit the most people and our funding priorities need to reflect that."
Zerwas won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 30A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Holly Neuman (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30A, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Zerwas is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zerwas raised a total of $26,157 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
|Nick Zerwas's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 30A||$26,157|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,157|
2012Zerwas won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Zerwas raised a total of $26,157.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nick Zerwas's campaign in 2012|
|30th Senate District RPM||$1,800|
|Zerwas, Nicholas H.||$500|
|American Council Of Engineering Companies Of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,157|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nick + Zerwas + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- "zerwasforhouse," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "Zerwas, Nick." Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
Tina Liebling (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 30A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |