|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zerwas served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services Finance|
|• Health and Human Services Policy|
|• Housing Finance and Policy|
Zerwas's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I do not support raising taxes. I fully believe government has a spending problem and not a revenue problem. Government must act like Minnesotan families and live within its means."
- Excerpt: "I believe that life begins at conception and ends at natural death."
2nd Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "Coming from a law enforcement family I strongly believe in our 2nd Amendment right to keep & bear arms."
Size of Government
- Excerpt: "Government at all levels has grown and interjected itself too deeply in our lives. I strongly believe government is not the answer. The government just simply cannot be all things to all people."
- Excerpt: "Funding for roads and bridges benefit the most people and our funding priorities need to reflect that."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Brenden Ellingboe was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Nick Zerwas was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Zerwas won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 30A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Holly Neuman (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30A, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Zerwas is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zerwas raised a total of $26,157 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
|Nick Zerwas's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 30A||$26,157|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,157|
2012Zerwas won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Zerwas raised a total of $26,157.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nick Zerwas's campaign in 2012|
|30th Senate District RPM||$1,800|
|Zerwas, Nicholas H.||$500|
|American Council Of Engineering Companies Of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,157|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from February 25 through May 19.
- Liberty Minnesota: 2014
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating "limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on pro-choice issues.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 8 to May 20.
- Americans for Prosperity Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored "on key votes on issues concerning economic freedom, which includes taxes, budgets and spending, health care and more."
- Minnesota Family Council: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to a socially conservative "pro-family" organization.
- Minnesota Majority: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "a wide range of issues including taxes, government spending, elections, childcare unionization, property rights and energy policy" per "the traditional values position."
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to an economically conservative organization.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes regarding reproductive issues.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nick + Zerwas + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "zerwasforhouse," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Zerwas, Nick." Retrieved July 11, 2013
- Liberty Minnesota, "About Us," accessed July 25, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity, "2013 Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Family Council, "2013 Minnesota Family Council Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Majority, "Scorecards," accessed July 26, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Tina Liebling (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 30A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |