|Hawaii House of Representatives District 6|
|November 6, 2012-Present|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||U.S. History, University of Pennsylvania|
|Master's||Urban and Regional Planning, University of Hawaii|
|Profession||Information Systems Analyst|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lowen served on the following committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy & Environmental Protection|
|• Ocean, Marine Resources, & Hawaiian Affairs|
|• Water & Land, Vice Chair|
Lowen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs for Our Next Generation
- Excerpt: "I am a strong advocate for building Hawaii a better economy by creating diverse opportunities based on sustainable agriculture, investment in renewable energy, planning communities where small businesses can thrive, and encouraging the development of high-tech digital media and film production industries."
- Quality Education for our Keiki
- Excerpt: "All children deserve access to a quality education. Hawaii's public school system must be streamlined, and our schools must be given the resources they need to shrink classroom sizes and get the job done."
- Growing More Food in Hawaii
- Excerpt: "I will support investment in the local farm industry and promotion of local products. Policies such as low-interest agricultural loans and crop insurance will increase local food production and keep money circulating in our local economy."
- Community Infrastructure and Planning
- Excerpt: "There are many local issues in our Kona community that must be addressed. These include ensuring that the UH campus at Palamanui and the Kona Courthouse projects move forward, that needed improvements to Kona's infrastructure are funded and implemented, and that the hard work of community members on the Community Development Plan is put to use. We must make sure our community gets its fair share of state funding to meet these goals."
- Building Liveable, Walkable Neighborhoods
- Excerpt: "Well-planned communities improve people's well-being and health, create jobs closer to home, and make the most of our natural resources. With the limits imposed by Hawaii's unique geography, we must work hard to maintain the natural beauty of our islands while also creating livable communities for our residents. Smart growth policies that support public transportation, mixed-use, walkable neighborhoods, and that limit continued sprawl will help to create vibrant urban areas while preserving open space for visitors and future generations to enjoy."
Lowen won election in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 6. Lowen defeated Fred Housel, Bucky Leslie and Kalei Akaka in the August 11 Democratic primary and defeated Roy Ebert (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Lowen is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lowen raised a total of $42,902 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 26, 2013.
|Nicole Lowen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Hawaii State House, District 6||$42,902|
|Grand Total Raised||$42,902|
2012Lowen won election to the Hawaii House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lowen raised a total of $42,902.
|Hawaii House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nicole Lowen's campaign in 2012|
|Friends of Sylvia Luke||$2,000|
|Hawaii State AFL-CIO||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$42,902|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Nicole + Lowen + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nicole Lowen, "Issues," September 26, 2012
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Lowen, Nicole," Accessed June 26, 2013
Denny Coffman (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 6
| Succeeded by|