|North Dakota State Senate District 7|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota|
Poolman earned a B.S. in English and Secondary Education from the University of North Dakota. She has been an English teacher at Century High School.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Poolman served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Government and Veterans Affairs, Vice Chairman|
|• Industry, Business and Labor|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Poolman served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government and Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of North Dakota State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Nicole Poolman was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Poolman ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota Senate District 7. Poolman ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12. She defeated Warren Emmer in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Poolman is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Poolman raised a total of $12,000 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|Nicole Poolman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State Senate, District 7||$12,000|
|Grand Total Raised||$12,000|
2012Poolman won election to the North Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Poolman raised a total of $12,000.
|North Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nicole Poolman's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Senate Republican Caucus||$1,200|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|Wisdom, David L.||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$12,000|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- North Dakota Family Alliance: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that were great interest to the family.
- Greater North Dakota Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills impacting North Dakota's business community.
Poolman and her husband, Jim, have three children. They currently reside in Bismarck, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nicole + Poolman + North + Dakota + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 17, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Poolman, Nicole," accessed May 30, 2013
|North Dakota State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|