|New Jersey State Senate, District 3|
|Bachelor's||The College of New Jersey|
Trunk earned a B.A. in English from the College of New Jersey in 1996. She received her J.D. and M.B.A from Temple University. Trunk is a former chief of staff for the Medicaid Inspector General's Office and a former deputy chief of staff for the State Comptroller's Office. In 2007, Trunk was elected to the Harrison Township committee where she served as a committeewoman and deputy mayor. Trunk is a practicing attorney.
Outside campaign spending
Trunk's election bid has been targeted by the Democratic super PAC Fund for Jobs, Growth and Security. Over three weeks, the group purchased $312,000 in advertisements attacking her campaign. Trunk's spokesperson dismissed the advertisements. Trunk's campaign spent about $30,000 on television ads during the election season prior to September 22, 2013.
- Make South Jersey more affordable by lowering your taxes
- Excerpt: "I am dedicated to end the political gridlock in Trenton and deliver the property tax relief you deserve on day one."
- Bring good-paying jobs back to South Jersey
- Excerpt: "I’ll cut red tape and make our state more competitive with Pennsylvania and Delaware to encourage businesses to create jobs here and grow our local economy."
- Keep more money in your pocket and out of the hands of politicians
- Excerpt: "I’ll stop Trenton politicians from wasting your money by passing a constitutional amendment to cap annual spending and property tax increases to force government to live within its means."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Trunk ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 3. Trunk was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She was defeated by incumbent Stephen M. Sweeney (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 3 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Stephen Sweeney Incumbent||54.8%||31,045|
|Republican||Niki A. Trunk||45.2%||25,599|
Trunk and her husband, Mike, live in Monroeville, New Jersey. They have three dogs.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Niki + Trunk + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- The Observer, "Led by Trunk, LD3 GOP Team Formally Announces Campaign Kickoff," March 14, 2013
- Campaign website for Niki Trunk
- Politico, "Democrats eye super PACs for state races," September 22, 2013
- Niki's Plan to Help the Middle Class," accessed August 27, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013