|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin|
|Profession||High School Teacher|
Letsos is a math teacher in an economically disadvantaged minority high school. He has previously taught college-level economics and U.S. history.
Letsos earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Texas at Austin.
Letsos' campaign website listed the following issues:
—Niko Letsos' campaign website, http://www.nikoletsos.com/policies-and-commitments.html
Letsos ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 2nd District. Letsos won the Democratic nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014, with no opposition. He was defeated by incumbent Ted Poe (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Texas District 2 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ted Poe Incumbent||67.9%||101,936|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
Letsos is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Niko + Letsos + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 2nd Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "About Niko Letsos," accessed July 30, 2014
- Campaign website, "Policies and Committments," accessed July 30, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |