Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 45|
|February 22, 2013 - January 14, 2015|
Elections for Legislative District 45 of the Baltimore City Democratic Central Committee took place on June 24, 2014. Incumbents Nina Harper, Sharon McCollough and Ronald Bailey, along with 18 challengers, faced off in the election. Melissa Bagley, McCollough, Brandon M. Scott, Antonio Glover, Harper, Eric Booker and Bailey won positions on the committee.
Elections for Legislative District 45 of the Baltimore City Democratic Central Committee took place on June 22, 2010. Twelve candidates faced off in the election. Robert R. Stokes, Warren Maurice Branch, Nina Harper, Ronald Bailey, Tashea Brodgins, Kevin W. Parson and Donoven R. Brooks won positions on the committee.
That central committee election process was marred by controversy leading up to the election and also immediately after the election due to voting irregularities among the seven elected members. The controversy was settled after the state's Attorney General Doug Gansler declared an opinion validating the committee's actions.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Nina + Harper + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 45
- governor.maryland.gov, "Governor O’Malley Announces Appointment of Nina R. Harper as Delegate in Baltimore City’s 45th Legislative District," February 22, 2013
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed July 2, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official primary election results," accessed July 2, 2014
- Examiner, "Chaos erupts in East Baltimore amongst candidates for vacancy," February 14, 2013
- Examiner, "Secret balloting and double voting overshadows the appointment of state delegate," February, 18 2013
- Examiner, "Attorney General's opinion validates central committee actions," February 20, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |