Norma Jean Stevens
|Norma Jean Stevens|
|U.S. House, Washington, District 3|
According to her website, Stevens' campaign platform included the following issues
- Reduce income taxes and regulations on small businesses
- Cut foreign aid and defense spending in order to balance the budget
- Repeal the Affordable Care Act
Stevens ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 3rd District. She sought the nomination as an Independent and faced incumbent Jaime Herrera Beutler (R) and Jon T. Haugen (D) in the August 7 primary. The top two vote-getters in the primary, regardless of party, will be on the general election ballot. She was defeated in the August 7, 2012, primary.
Stevens ran for Washington's 3rd District in 2010.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Norma + Jean + Stevens + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Norma Jean Stevens campaign website "Issues," Accessed August 3, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State "Candidate Filings," Accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," Accessed May 17, 2012
- AP Primary Results
- The Columbian "Six questions: Norma Jean Stevens, Independent," July 20, 2010