For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Maryland House of Delegates District 38B|
|Elections and appointments|
|City Council, City of Salisbury|
|Bachelor's||Salisbury State College, 1965|
|Master's||Salisbury State College, 1970|
|Date of birth||January 11, 1942|
|Place of birth||Salisbury, Maryland|
|Profession||Chapter I Programs Supervisor, Wicomico County Board of Education|
Conway's professional experience includes working as Supervisor of Wicomico County Board of Education Chapter I Programs, and Teacher/Vice Principal/Principal at Pinehurst Elementary School.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Conway served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Conway served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Norman H. Conway was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Carl Anderton, Jr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. Anderton defeated Conway in the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates District 38B, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Carl Anderton, Jr.||52.3%||5,617|
|Democratic||Norman H. Conway Incumbent||47.7%||5,133|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 38B General Election (2010)|
|Norman Conway (D)||16,248|
|Mike McDermott (R)||15,297|
|Marty Pusey (R)||13,794|
|Gee Williams (D)||10,459|
Norman Conway raised $169,504 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 38B|
|James Mathias, Jr. (D)||15,082||26.6%|
|Norman Conway (D)||14,223||25.1%|
|Michael James (R)||13,969||24.6%|
|Bonnie Luna (R)||13,469||23.7%|
In 2010, a year in which Conway was up for re-election, he collected $168,214 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Norman Conway's campaign in 2010|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$5,000|
|Health Policy Leadership Alliance||$4,500|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$4,000|
|Local 1081 Afscme Afl Cio||$3,800|
|Service Employees Dc & Maryland State Council 54||$3,750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$168,214|
In 2006, Norman Conway collected $169,504 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Friends of Norm Conway & James Mathias, Jr.||$6,000|
|Maryland Democratic Party||$6,000|
|Maryland State Teachers Association||$4,994|
|Committee to Elect John Bohanan||$4,500|
|Friends of James Mathias, Jr.||$4,139|
Conway has been a member of the Drug Treatment Court Commission, Maryland Rural Caucus, Institute for Public Affairs and Civic Engagement Advisory Board at Salisbury University, Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland and the Deer's Head Center Citizens Advisory Board.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Norman + Conway + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 38B
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Norman Conway
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Conway's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, Norman Conway," accessed March 25, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Conway's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |