For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
North Dakota 1940 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Seven of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Six of the measures were approved and seven were defeated.
On the ballot
|County Government Referendum||Local Gov't||Changes state legislature power in organization and administration of counties and county governments|
|Direct Democracy Referendum||Direct Democracy||Requires 15,000 signatures for both initiated and referred measures|
|Recall Referendum||Recall||Changes recall petitioning and ballot procedures|
|Public Service Commission Initiative||Admin of Gov't||Changes the name of state Board of Railroad Commissioners to Public Service Commission|
|Highway Tax Initiative||Taxes||Allocates highway user taxes to defray cost of construction and maintenance of highways|
|CISS||Educational Funding Initiative||Education||Reduces the state's per people payment to schools and increases the emergency funds for schools in distress|
|CISS||School Funding Initiative 2||Education||Reduces the state's per people payment to schools regardless of need and increasing the emergency funds for schools in distress|
|CISS||Sales Tax for Schools Initiative||Taxes||Earmarking sales tax revenues--7/12ths for the school equalization fund and 5/12ths for the state welfare fund|
|CISS||School Funding Initiative||Education||Increasing the funds for financially distressed schools|
|CISS||Board of Finance Initiative||Admin of Gov't||Creates a state Board of Finance and Administration to handle all trust funds|
|CISS||Property Tax Classifications Initiative||Taxes||Creates three classes of property for tax purposes|
|CISS||Tax Abatement Initiative||Taxes||Allows the abatement of past, present and future taxes based on excessive valuation|
|Graduated Land Tax Initiative||Taxes||Creates a graduated land tax with a homestead exception of $5,000 for legal owner-resident farmers|
- 1940 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- Mouse River Farmers Press, "Constitutional Amendments, Referred and Initiated Measures," June 20, 1940
- Mouse River Farmers Press, "Constitutional Amendment and Initiated Measures," October 31, 1940
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatives
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |