North Dakota 1944 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Three of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures was approved and five were defeated.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Equalization Fund Referendum||Taxes||Relates to a tax for the state equalization fund||
|LRSS||Public Lands Referendum||Admin of Gov't||Relates to regulations for sales of school and public lands||
|CISS||Income Tax Repeal Initiative||Taxes||Repeals state income tax||
|Legislative Pay Referendum||Gov't Salaries||Increases state legislators pay||
|Municipal Liquor Referendum||Alcohol||Allows for municipal liquor stores||
|CISS||Highway Financing Initiative||Bonds||Authorizes issuance of $12,360,000 in bonds for state highway construction and maintenance||
|CISS||Alcohol Sales Initiative||Alcohol||Prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverages where commodities other than tobacco and soft drinks are sold||
- 1944 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |