North Dakota 1962 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Four of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|Referendum 1||Legislature||Gives North Dakota Legislative Assembly unlimited power in cases of defense emergencies||
|Referendum 2||Gov't Finances||Allows for separate budgets and appropriations for some agricultural issues||
|Referendum 3||Gov't Salaries||Repeals section limiting legislators future elections and appointments||
|LRSS||Referendum 4||Taxes||Reduces the amount of tax levy limiting counties with no limitation on tax levy for county poor relief purposes||
|Initiative 1||Bonds||Allows state bonds to make loans to companies to establish power generating facilities||
|Initiative 2||Term limits||Changes terms of office for county officials from two to four years||
|CISS||Initiative 3||Elections||Provides for a secret primary election ballot instead of requiring voters to declare party preference at the polls||
- 1962 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatives
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- Mouse River Farmers Press, Sample Ballot, June 14, 1962
- Mouse River Farmers Press, Sample Ballot, November 1, 1962
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |