North Dakota 1988 ballot measures
- Five of the measure were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were approved and six were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Direct Democracy||Repeals language prohibiting legislative tampering on referendums|
|Measure 2||State Exec||Repeals and replaces the executive branch article|
|Measure 3||Gambling||Establishes a state-operated lottery|
|CISS||Measure 4||Taxes||Taxes sales and use of cable television or other video programming services|
|Measure 1||Taxes||Avoids suspension of operation of a tax measure referred to a vote until it has been voted upon|
|Measure 2||Education||Updates language about appointment to and the powers and duties of state board of higher education|
|Measure 3||Taxes||Allows for taxation of some federal lands|
|CISS||Measure 4||Veterans||Restores veterans' postwar trust fund|
- 1988 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatives
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota State Legislature 1989 Session Laws
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |