North Dakota 1996 ballot measures
- Eight of the measure were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Five of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Seven of the measures were approved and eight were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||State Exec||Relates to the duties of the lieutenant governor|
|Measure 2||Resources||Regards exchanges of state land and mineral rights|
|Measure 3||Constitutions||Incorporates reference provisions of the Enabling Act of 1889|
|Measure 4||State Exec||Repeals and replaces executive article of the North Dakota Constitution|
|Measure 5||Gambling||Relates to lotteries conducted in public places|
|Measure 6||Environment||Bans private hazardous waste disposal facilities; Created insurance requirements for other waste disposal facilities|
|CISS||Measure 7||Labor||Changes workers' compensation laws including attorney fees, rehabilitation and payment of claims|
|Measure 8||Veterans||Relates to a veterans' home and funding for that home|
|LRSS||Measure 9||Labor||Establishes minimum impairments in workers compensation laws|
|Measure 1||Admin of Gov't||Reduces terms of members of the State Board of Higher Education; changes other membership requirements|
|Measure 2||Trials||Places limitations on bringing lawsuits against the state|
|Measure 3||Term Limits||Increase terms of state representatives from two to four years|
|Measure 4||Gov't Finances||Makes veterans' post war trust fund a permanent trust fund|
|Measure 5||Term Limits||Proposes U.S. Congress term limit changes; changes state term limits|
|Measure 6||ConCon||Calls for national Constitutional Convention to change congressional term limits|
- 1996 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatives
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota 1997 Session Laws
- National Council of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |